My 50ish things19
- Run 5 miles in 45 minutes
Run a 10k Run a half marathon
- Run a full marathon
- Run a race every month for a year/Keep a list of my races with times (saw this on 40 Is Like the New 30)
- Run a race of some sort in every state and at least 2 foreign countries…now this will probably take me to I’m 50 to complete
- Have a family date day at least once a month
Take better care of myself Get organized
- Date night with the hubby, no phones or kids allowed at least once a month
- Send birthday cards
- Read for 15 minutes at least each day
- Give gifts to the kids on Valentine’s Day
- Have lunch with siblings…I struggled to write this one down. It sounds simple enough, but if you know anything about me or my siblings, you know this is going to be a tough one.
Visit my classmates from St. Tims Maintain my Girls Night Out with Kimi and Kristi…again this sounds easy, but we have hit some bumps in the road with maintaining our dates
- Meet up and see my friends from the past that I keep threatening to have lunch or dinner with
- Do my Christmas shopping early
- Read more blogs
- Get “Freshly Pressed”
- Run Weekly
- Take a pottery class
- Take tennis lessons
- Take a cooking class. I can cook, but I think it would be nice to learn something new
- Take a writing class.
- Make homemade pasta
- Communicate regularly with my mother
- Tour a winery on the west coast – Just read this review and wanted to remember it for when I do hit the west coast.-Thanks D’Vine Wine Time
- Taste more wines (I think I can do this one)
- Have my children teach me something.
Make a love list. Run The Baltimore 10-miler
- Take a self defense class
Take a real day off
- Buy a bookshelf and fill it with books
Smile Because it Happened
- Learn to shoot a gun
- Compete in a triathlon
Stop bitching, at least reduce it to a reasonable level
- Take a painting/drawing class
- Embroider Something -I just read a post and got all inspired
- Create a Race Book- Saw this in one of my favorite blogs
- Teach my children the fine art of letter writing
- Grow my hair out-BSL (Bra strap length)
- Write a letter to myself to open in 5 years- Fantastic idea I read in a blog. Check it out!
- Run in Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge (my inspiration) and/or run through the streets of New York city
- Grow my fingernails
Update my wardrobe
- Prepare at least 30 days of meals in one day
- Save at least $10,000
- Get out of credit card debt. I feel inspired to do this from a blog I follow: Building For My Future
- Take Aerial Yoga class (saw this in a blog I follow 40 Is Like The New 30)
- My Life List Nikki Wears Nike
Drink more wine or better yet; taste more wines….LOL. Good luck!
DUH!! How come I haven’t thought of that already?? Thanks! 🙂
Number 30 is a cinch! Looks like this gets the most attention … and I suggest many fellow bloggers wish to achieve this too 😀
HAHA! #30 has to be the easiest on the list. 🙂
You may have to do #30 BEFORE you can do #28….I’m just sayin’…
HAHA! So true!
[…] HomeMy 50 thingsWhat is this blog about… Bookmark the permalink. […]
I too would like to learn how to shoot a gun. Good luck completing you list!!
This is a great list! I’ve already turned 50, but that shouldn’t stop me from creating my own list for the next 50 years! Cheers & good luck to you accomplishing all that you set out to do!
Thanks for stopping by! So happy you have found some inspiration in my list. Good luck making up your own.
Great list! So many awesome running goals. I also love “get freshly pressed”. Might have to steal that one for mine! 😉
This is a really great idea but I would find it really daunting! One thing that I have learnt from my children is to live in the now. I managed to stop myself hurrying my 3 year old up today when he wanted to pick every single dandelion on the way home. So I was hungry… (it was lunchtime and I had been for a run.) But I was so glad I had restrained as tonight they had all been cut down by a lawn mower. This time there would not have been a tomorrow! 🙂 Good luck with your ever increasing list!
I have to admit one of my regrets comes from when my kids were smaller. I rushed them along too. I’m working really hard now to not push them to grow up to fast. Allowing for silly kid moments is not always fun or easy in the moment, but I have yet to regret it.
Ooh, I love life lists! I’m currently working on my 30×30 but I’m already thinking of things for the next one, a 40×40 list. Good luck with yours 🙂
Thank you! Just looked over your list, you are pretty much done, that’s awesome!! Good luck with your lists.
[…] My 50 things […]
[…] My 50ish things […]
[…] My 50ish things […]
[…] My 50ish things […]