Day 5 of 309
August 8, 2013 by CJ
Today is day 5 of my 30 for 30 self challenge. If you don’t recall, I decided to workout for 30 minutes for the next 30 days. So how is it going so far? Pretty freakin’ awesome. I’m really surprised by this myself. I was thinking I’d come up with excuses not to workout, I had plenty of them before. One of the reasons I decided to blog about this challenge was just so I wouldn’t make up excuses. So far, I haven’t had to. I’ve worked out first thing in the morning and after work (not my usual thing to do).
For these first 5 days, I’ve only done workout dvds, or youtube videos. For me, it’s cheap and simple. I don’t belong to a gym. I have in the past and I’m not very good at coming up with my own routine and I’m not organised enough to get to any class on time (excuse, I know). One of the reasons I loved running so much was because I didn’t have to belong to a gym to do it. Since I’m not running at this time, I’ve debated if I should join a gym. I was close to doing it, but then I noticed something in one of my favorite blogs, Will Run for Glitter, she had an entire page dedicated to living room workouts! I immediately decided I was not going to join a gym, instead I’d workout right here in the comforts of my home.
There are quite a few things I love about working out at home.
- convenient I mean seriously, how much easier could it be. Wake up, roll out of bed, head to basement, workout.
- Wearing new clothes- I don’t know about you, but I have quite a few workout outfits that I have regulated to “in house when all alone” only. I’m not a tiny girl, so some shirts I get when I run races, or join a training group, despite ordering a size I normally fit, just are not cute. BUT now I find my self pulling them out, blowing off the dust and rocking those beauties in the privacy of my basement. Who cares if it rolls up on me and shows off what happens when you carry two babies in your belly for 38 weeks. Who cares if those yoga pants I got on sale slide down when I bend over and show almost an entire butt cheek. It’s just me, myself and I and we just keep it moving.
- I can touch the shower walls without fear- I’ve joined plenty of gyms in my lifetime. A few years back I decided to have some standards in the gym I wanted, sometimes cheap is disgusting. One of the rules I set for any gym I join, the shower stall must be big enough so I can shower and not touch a wall. I don’t know about you, but bumping my naked, wet, body against a public shower just skeeves me out!
Below is the breakdown of what I’ve done each day. I really love the JM 30 day shred, but I cannot do that for 30 days straight. I’ve tried and failed a few times. Therefore, for me, the best option is to switch it up. So far, so good!
Sunday- Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred -I have this DVD, but you can find this workout on youtube
Monday- Jillian Michael Yoga Meltdown Level 1
Tuesday- Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred
Wednesday- Tabata Upper Back, Arms and Chest Workout
Thursday- Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred
Do you have a favorite youtube workout?
Where is your favorite place to workout?
- 30 Days of 30 (50thingsbeforeiturn50.wordpress.com)
- Exercise Videos- Love ‘Em or Hate ‘Em.. (sfnativemom.wordpress.com)
good for you to challange yourself – I’m one of those folks who loath organized excersizing. I like ballet barre, but it’s hard to find classs to fit into my schedule.
I’ve been wanting to try ballet barre, but I admit I’m a bit intimidated to go to a class. I may have to push myself to to that one day soon. Thanks!
I lived in hotels for a year and WISH I had done more workouts like this, in the hotel room. I used the “it’s a hotel” excuse ALL the time and so I only ran – and if I didn’t run, I didn’t workout. This is great! Good job getting 1/6 the way there!
Thanks a ton for the support. This is a new one for me. Prior to my injury, my workout was a run, if I didn’t wake up early enough, if it was rainy, cold, hot, humid or whatever I just didn’t run. So far I haven’t been able to come up with a valid excuse to not head to my basement. 😉
That’s awesome! Keep up the great work. You’re right, one nice thing about running is that you don’t have to have a gym membership to go.
Thanks for reading. I hate running on a treadmill and I really don’t enjoy the gym experience at all. Running, workout DVD’s and youtube are my lifesavers!
Awesome! Keep up the great work!