March 13, 2013 by CJ
I am back, after a very long hiatus. I’m not going into the excuses but I want to thank all of those that support and continue to move me along. 🙂
I do like doing the goal check. It really helps me stay on target, or at least reminds me that I need to get back on target.
- Exercise at least 3 days a week– For the month of February I definitely improved my running. I started off the month slow, but finished strong. A total of 11.51 miles. During one of my runs I came up with the awesome idea of putting a dollar away for each mile I run this year. At the end of the year I’ll take this money and buy some running item that’s not on a sale rack or pay for a race that I really want to do or get a massage (one of the expensive kind that I wouldn’t normally do). I don’t know yet what I want to do with it, but I enjoy knowing that if I keep moving I can keep adding to the pot. It has been a good motivator!
- Get a facial or massage at least once every 6 weeks– I have been really good with this goal, even at times I do feel a little guilty. But I promised this to myself and I push past that guilt (surprisingly easy). Another bonus to all this, (I’ve been getting a facial) just recently I’ve noticed my skin has started to really show improvement. A co-worker, who did not know I was getting facials, complimented me on my skin! That is a first. I’ve suffered with adult acne since I became pregnant with the twins. Loving this gift to myself!!
- Run faster– As of my last run, my pace is under 15min/mile. Don’t laugh all you speedy people out there. When I completed my last run and saw that I was under the 15 min/mile mark I could not stop smiling. My next mini goal is to go under 14:30. Baby steps 🙂
- Blog at least once per week– Um yeah… this is not going very well at all. I live and die by my calendar, I think I need to start scheduling a few minutes a couple of times a week to get me back on track. We’ll see how this works next month
- To embrace the natural me – Working on this. i have a setback, but since I still have yet to explain what the hell I’m talking about I’ll let it be. Goal this month, to explain what this is about.
Overall, I’m pretty content with my progress. Slow, but steady. I see where I need to improve and I actually want to do something about it, isn’t that half the battle?
- Goal Check (50thingsbeforeiturn50.wordpress.com)
- Goal Check-In (nickisnook.net)
- February 2013 Goal Check-In and 5 for March (eat-spin-run-repeat.com)
- 2013 Challenge Update (February Edition) (mjruns.wordpress.com)
- Stephen Mack: Resolution update: February report card (zeigen.com)