February 3, 2013 by CJ
For my first post this month, I think a quick review of the goals I listed last month are in order.
- Exercise at least 3 days a week– For the month of Jan I ran a total of 1.81 miles and exercised 1 day. Hmmm…I think I have a ton a room to improve on this one
- Get a facial or massage at least once every 6 weeks– I have kept up with this goal. It has been very relaxing. This is a luxury I don’t see me giving up anytime soon
- Run faster– With just the 1.81 miles completed, I’m failing with this goal
- Blog at least once per week– I took some time off, but I’m back on track…I think. I would like to set a goal of twice per week, but I need to get at least a full month of once a week before I try for more.
- To embrace the natural me – I owe a post on this goal, but the truth is I’ve been successfully embracing. 😉
I have to admit, I’m none too proud of my lack of progress, mainly my running. I love running in cold weather. So what is stopping me? I prefer morning runs. It’s almost impossible for me to come home from work, help kids with homework, make dinner and still get out the door for a run. If I don’t get my run completed in the morning, it’s just not getting done. Recently the mornings just have not been my friend. They come way too early and my bed is entirely too warm. I know all it takes is to get out of bed. Maybe, I’ll put my alarm clock on the other side of the room… I need to do something. If I want to knock a few minutes off my race times, I must run.
February is another month and another chance for me to get myself into gear. Wish me luck!!
How do you motivate yourself?