December 30, 2012 by CJ
I found myself looking over my list of 50 things and I had mixed feelings. I was able to cross off quite a few things like run a half marathon (ran/walked 2), run Baltimore 10 miler, run a 10k. Some are things that are ongoing, date night with the hubby, monthly meal with my friends, seeing friends from school. While others, I’m not quite sure how to complete them or what it means to work on and or complete them, take better care of myself, get organised.
I decided that 2013 will be the year I focus on taking care of myself. How will I define taking care of myself? Like always, through a list of things I hope to accomplish this year. I think what is missing in my life and in the life of many mothers’ is time for myself. Finding the time in a day full of work (in and/or out of the home), children’s needs, dinners that need to be made, groceries that need to be purchased, laundry that needs to be done, is difficult to say the least. But for my own sanity I need to work harder at being slightly more selfish.
- Exercise at least 3 days a week- No better way to take care of one self. As easy as it is to say, we all know it’s one of the things we do the least.
- Get a facial or massage at least once every 6 weeks- a little pampering is ok
- Run faster- I’m beginning 2013 with an average race pace of 16:03 (and you thought you were slow) , I’d like to skim 2-3 minutes off of that this year.
- Blog at least once per week- adding this to the taking care of myself category
- To embrace the natural me – I’ll explain more in a future blog.
Let’s see how it goes.