April 30, 2012 by CJ
When I began this blog my only hope was that by writing down things I wanted to do I would work harder to get them done. I hoped maybe a few friends and some family members would read, that was it. Almost halfway into this process I am blown away everyday that I post something and people read it. Not only are they reading they are enjoying. On top of all that a few, a very intelligent and extremely good-looking few, decided to nominate me for an award.
When I first realized I was nominated I had to go back and reread a few of my posts. Did they make a mistake? Mistake or not, I’ve been nominated and these nominations come with some rules. Let’s begin:
I was nominated for three awards Versatile Blogger Award, the Sunshine Award and the Kreativ Blogger Award
The requirements of each award are about the same, so I’m going to combine them.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them through your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 or so bloggers.
4. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
1. All thanks for the Versatile Blogger goes to Mr.Momman If you are looking for a blog to remind you to appreciate the simple, little things your children do/did or say/said this is a great blog. It brings tears to my eyes thinking of my own kids and how quickly they grow and how the once difficult things are now easy. But it often makes me laugh. Absolutely, one of my faves!
The Sunshine Award was given to me thanks to Joe’s Primal Scream. I don’t recall how I found his blog, but I absolutely love it. His blog is a combination of a little bit of everything. What he’s cooking, and boy does it look yummy, his opinions, and his humor. After reading his blog I’ve felt inspired to cook, I’ve laughed and I’ve cried. It’s just perfect!
My nomination for the Kreativ Blogger award comes from Alena’s Life. I just recently started following her. I absolutely LOVE her blog. Her writing is beautiful and feels effortless. When I write my blog I’m hunched over a computer, constantly reading, editing and checking spelling and constantly missing some obvious flaws. I imagine her to be quite the opposite. Typing out 5 or 6 eloquent, informative posts in a matter of minutes. One of the things that drew me to her blog and the reason I followed was because of her book reviews. What’s the next best thing to reading a good book? Reading an awesome review.
2. 7 things about myself
- I have 1 full sister and 2 half brothers. My parents had my older sister, then me. They divorced 3 years after me and each remarried. They both had 1 boy. I was destined to have a little brother.
- I met my husband at a night club. It was $6 all you can drink. We were 22. We were smashed. I spilled beer down the front of him and he didn’t kill me. I was in love.
- I tivo Judge Judy and People’s Court. I never thought anything of it until I mentioned something to my brother about an episode I saw and he stared at me in disbelief and said, “Who tivos Judge Judy and People’s Court?” I guess I am the only one.
- Every once in awhile I allow my kids to say all the bad words they want. My theory is, the only reason I started cursing was because I couldn’t and it sounded cool. I’m hoping if we have these random curse sessions they won’t feel the need to do it later. I’ll let you know how it goes…
- My husband and I constantly say, “That’s what she said” . We only do it because it drives our kids crazy. They keep asking, “Who is she?” Once they finally get it, it won’t be so funny to us.
- When I was 9 I spent Christmas in the hospital, in isolation. When I tell people this, they feel sorry for me. But I remember that as the best Christmas ever. I got everything I could have ever wanted and then some. I was too young to understand why.
- I cry, literally sob like a baby, when I read greeting cards. That’s how I know it’s the right one.
3. Pass the award along to 15 or so bloggers
The following blogs are on my must read list. They provide me motivation, information and inspiration to put it out there and keep going. Please take a look at their blogs, I think you’ll find at least one you will want to follow. I’m not sure if any of these have been nominated for any of the above awards, but they all do deserve to be.
- Nurse On the Run
- One Step, One Stitch at a Time
- To Run 1000 Miles
- Mae East
- Run Before I Walk
- Smile Across The Finish Line
- Stride and Joy
- I am not Unique
- Notes from Aunt Jim
- Blonde Bostonian
- Ring Finger Tan Line
Thanks for the nominations and an extra special thanks to all of you who take a few minutes out of your day and share it with me. Your time is greatly appreciated. 🙂